lunes, 12 de agosto de 2019

Blog Session 0: Things you love and hate about Santiago

Hello dear students,
As you know from the first class, I'm not originally from Santiago, even though I've been living here for 15 years. I'm from Puerto Montt and there are things that I love about this city and other things that I really don't like.
I hate the long distances, I work at different universities and sometimes it takes me one hour and a half to get to my house after classes, which is not very good, considering that I want to get home to see my daughter. The good thing is that I drive home, so I can listen to music in my car, change the temperature and be sitting comfortably, the bad thing is the traffic.
I must say, though, that I really like Santiago, because of all the alternatives it has, not only places to eat, parks to visit or places to go shopping, but because of the medical alternatives. My brother used to get sick a lot when he was little and in the South of Chile we didn't have many options where to take him, but here in Santiago if something bad happens I have different places to go, and the waiting time is considerably less than in Puerto Montt.
Also, I met my husband here and I had my daughter here, so how could I not love this city?

18 comentarios:

  1. I agree. I also don't like long distances. It takes me a lots to get to my house.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I agree. One thing I really love this city is everything that can be done. In other places there are`t many options.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Hate traffic and it's probably the one thing that I think it'll never change. Hope your family it's ok here and may like living here :)

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I just want to say that I really like the lover statue of Puerto Montt. I hope they do something similar on Santiago

    ResponderBorrar
  5. The medical stuff it's a reality, I live at the outsides of the city, and I always have to travel if I want to go to the doctor.

    ResponderBorrar
  6. Great! I´m from the south too, and i hate long distances too :C

    ResponderBorrar
  7. I'm not from Santiago either and what I loved most about this city are the people I've met

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I hope to find a husband or boyfriend here in Santiago as you did :( thats one of my #goals here in Santiago

    ResponderBorrar
  9. I hate long distances too. In small cities you can walk to everywhere

    ResponderBorrar
  10. i agree, the long distances are the worst! but at least i can listen to music.

    ResponderBorrar
  11. I really hate distances too! Santiago is too big, it takes me so much to get my home from university.

    ResponderBorrar
  12. I also live far away of the university, and take me one hour and a half, but on the way I listening to music to distract myself.

    ResponderBorrar
  13. I never been in Puerto Montt :c How is it?

    ResponderBorrar

  14. Unfortunately I don't have a car): to go to university I must travel one hour round trip. The worst is the afternoon traffic in the bus...

    ResponderBorrar
  15. The long distances and the traffic there are things that I hate about Santiago to.

    ResponderBorrar
  16. I have never visited Puerto Mont, I would very much like to go(:

    ResponderBorrar