lunes, 30 de septiembre de 2019

Blog Session 6: Postgraduate studies


Well, as some of you know I already have a Master’s degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Students of Other Languages), which I got three years ago, and even though it is very difficult to get a Master’s degree I have considered getting a new one or even a PhD.
The thing is that I really like studying, I wasn’t a very good student at school, I mean, I didn’t kill myself studying, but when I find something interesting I read a lot about that topic to discuss it with my friends and teachers. I like studying because I like learning new things and challenging myself.
I’m not sure about what I would study, because I have many options, maybe I could continue with something related to teaching English, like a PhD on Education, or perhaps I could broaden my knowledge and take the leap to study linguistics in English, since I already learned it in Spanish, or perhaps something related to American or British culture, because I love that topic too. The options are many, the thing that holds me back though is money, it is very expensive to study, especially if I want to do it abroad, which is my goal. I could study online, but I would love to live abroad and live the complete experience in a different country.
____________________
Write about a postgraduate course that you would consider taking in the future. Include:
-        Reasons to do the course
-        Subject (s) you would like to study
-        Where you would like to study (Chile or abroad)
-        How you would like to study (distance learning, blended system, part-time course, etc)
-        Any other relevant ideas
Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s post
Word count: 220 words

18 comentarios:

  1. I do the same when a topic interested to me, I read a lot and discuss the topic with someone, usually my dad or my boyfriend.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I think that the main obstacle to study abroad is money. But you have to fight for your dreams.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. i agree about the money :/ it's too expensive to study but nothing is impossible

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I also was not a very good student at school ! I was always on detention!

    ResponderBorrar
  5. a course about english culture would be very great in England!!!! that country sounds interesting... in personal, I prefer U.K than the United States...

    ResponderBorrar
  6. I also like to study, that is very very important in this world!

    ResponderBorrar
  7. I think that study it always make us to learn more about important things.

    ResponderBorrar
  8. I thing that it's so important make the things that we love, that the problems to get there being minimum :)

    ResponderBorrar
  9. it's great to study, but I think academic life is not my thing

    ResponderBorrar
  10. I think studying is important and a need today. You just have to take your time to think, evaluate and then take the decision

    ResponderBorrar
  11. Today is very important have a PhD or a magister, this society is very superficial in that sense! I really hope you can reach you goal someday!

    ResponderBorrar
  12. i like studying too! especially the things i find interesting

    ResponderBorrar
  13. Unfortunately, studying is expensive, but for sure it's worth it

    ResponderBorrar
  14. It is a great experience to study in another country!

    ResponderBorrar
  15. Learning something new is always interesting. I hope you are very lucky in that!(:

    ResponderBorrar
  16. A master in British culture sounds really interesting!

    ResponderBorrar