Hi guys,
So today I’m going to talk about things I don’t like about
my profession. First, let me tell you that I love teaching, I love knowing
about English and comparing it to Spanish, but there are things that are not
necessarily inside the classroom that bother me.
I work, and have worked, in different universities, public
and private, and every institution has its own model of classes and teaching, so
as teachers, we need to adapt ourselves and the contents to the way we are
supposed to teach in each workplace. Unfortunately, not all universities have
the students in mind when developing a teaching program, it’s all about saving
money in resources, so we usually have classes with many students and we need
to teach many different contents in a restricted amount of time, and this is
complicated because it means that if the students are having problems with a
particular content we do not have the time to focus on that for a long time
since we need to keep on moving to the next content. As teachers, or good teacher,
we care if the students are learning or not, but as people who need to make a
living, we can’t go against the universities because that would mean that we
could lose or jobs the following semester, because university teachers are
usually hired for a semester at a time.
I must say that another thing that I don’t like that is
inside the classroom is when the students don’t care about the class. It’s
demotivating for the teachers and that’s when a lot of teachers say, what’s the
point? What’s the point of teaching if the students don’t want to learn? What’s
the point of preparing classes if they arrive late or leave early? This doesn’t
always happen, and it’s not usually an entire class, but when it happens a
question is raised, who is supposed to motivate who? The teacher to the
students? The students to the teacher? Or both together?Write about what you don't like about the profession. Include:
- Specific aspects of what you don't like
- Do you see any possible solutions for those aspects/problems? Who can solve them?
Any other relevant ideas
Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s post
Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s post
Word count: 230 words
As happen in teaching profession, in journalism the job are unstable, we could have job one semester and the next semester lose it, even we could have work one week, and the next week doesn’t.
ResponderBorrarEste comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderBorrardo you like the english program of our university? or prefer another university to learn?
ResponderBorrarActually, I like the program of this university. It's more work for me because I have the freedom to prepare more the classes, but the main idea is that the classes are centered on the students, so most of the class the idea is that you speak and raise questions. That is hard to prepare, but very good when it works.
BorrarEnglish is an obligatory curse, so I think that you deal a lot with students that just don´t care !
ResponderBorrarsorry for arriving late today :c
ResponderBorrarme too, sorry :C
Borraryou must have great patience to be a teacher :o
ResponderBorrarEnglish is very important, but sometimes it’s hard to learn :(
ResponderBorrarI agree, it's demotivating when the students don't care about the class
ResponderBorrarI can't imagine how difficult it can be to work with so many people.
ResponderBorrarI think both, students and teachers must motivate each other, because without any of them, classes can't go on.
ResponderBorrarPs: Sorry for arriving late!
When I was on school I remember that no one in the class pay attention in the english class:( so I think it must be difficult sometimes to be in that case.
ResponderBorrarI think that you don't have to pay attention to the students that does not show interest about the class, because there alway people that wanted to learn! additionally you always do a very good job :)
ResponderBorrarit must be very stressful to be in a classroom and not get the attention of the students. It needs a lot of bravery to be a teacher. I take this opportunity to express my admiration for the profession
ResponderBorrarI think it's a team work, students and teacher have to motivate each other for making this work.
ResponderBorrarMaybe students and teacher should work together. Of course it's hard for a teacher that their students don't want to learn
ResponderBorrarMany times the time in classes is not enough to pass all the contents, and some of us fall behind in some subjects.
ResponderBorrarBeing a Teacher is not easy, sometimes you need your free time to prepare classes or correct exam, even when college or schools don´t pay overtime. :ccccc
ResponderBorrarPersonally for me is very important that the class be motivating, both parts must work symmetrically.
ResponderBorrarI have inglish only trhee years in the schooland it was a very veryyyyy bad experience. You are a great teacher.
ResponderBorrarI think both have to motivate each other, in that way, teaching and learning complement each other :)
ResponderBorrar